bbye : Delete buffers & close files without closing or messing up windows. Like Bclose.
| script karma
Downloaded by 794
Comments, bugs, improvements
script versions (upload new version)
|Bbye (Buffer Bye) allows you to do delete buffers (close files) without closing your windows or messing up your layout.
Vim by default closes all windows that have the buffer (file) open when you do :bdelete. If you've just got your splits and columns perfectly tuned, having them messed up equals a punch in the face and that's no way to tango.
Bbye gives you a :Bdelete command that behaves like a well designed citizen:
- Closes and removes the buffer.
- Shows another file in that window.
- Shows an empty file if you've got no other files open.
- Does not leave useless `[no file]` buffers if you decide to edit another file in that window.
- Works even if a file's open in multiple windows.
- Works a-okay with various buffer explorers and tabbars.
Latest development version and more info with full README at https://github.com/moll/vim-bbye.
Click on the package to download.
ip used for rating: 22.214.171.124
||- Fix `:Bdelete`ing via buffer number. Finally, perfect!
||- Hides the empty buffer from buffer explorers and tabbars.
- Handles `:Bdelete!`ing buffers which are set to auto-delete via `&bufhidden`.
- Wipes empty buffers after hiding to reduce the amount of unlisted buffers after using Bbye for a while.
- Handles buffer explorers and tabbars better that remove or add windows mid-flight.
- Improves an edge-case where the empty buffer might get listed and show up in buffer explorers.
- Perfect for v1.0.0.
||- Removed an innocent but forgotten debugging line. Now even more perfect.