is the current version
Vim 7.4 released!
Finally, after more than a thousand patches, there is a new version of Vim.
This is mostly a bug-fix release. Also, many runtime files have been improved, syntax highlighting and indenting works better.
To find out the details, do ":help version7.4" after installing it.
Direct link to the MS-Windows installer.
For Linux you probably want to use Mercurial for convenient building.
For MacVim look here.
Otherwise see the download page. (Bram Moolenaar)
Vim 7.4 beta testing has started
Vim 7.4a BETA has been made available. Since 7.3 more than a thousand improvements have been made. Many people already tried out recent versions and sent bug reports and fixes. Thus it should already be stable enough for daily use. But let's do some testing before calling it 7.4. You can read the announcement here. (Bram Moolenaar)
Vim: The power tool for everyone!
Bram has visited the Vim charity project, read about it in his
Uganda visit report.
| Recent Script Updates
|| 4,699 scripts, 8,488,357 downloads
|| ExtractMatches : Yank matches from range into a register.
||(1.00) Initial upload - Ingo Karkat
|| AddCppClass_Plus : this plugin is to help you add a c++ class conveniently
||(1.0) Initial upload - Ac Angluca
|| vorax : An Oracle IDE for Geeks.
||(4.1.2) - custom plugins for the connection manager window
- bug fixes - Alexandru Tica
|| QFEnter : Open a Quickfix item in a window you choose
||(1.3.0) improve features
- improve auto quickfix open when 'open in new tab'
- restore view(cursor position, scroll..) of quickfix window to auto-opened quickfix window
- restore size of quickfix window to auto-opened quickfix window
- now you don't need to provide g:qfenter_copen_modifier option. QFEnter now smartly determine whether the new quickfix window is botright or topleft, verti... - yssl
|| bash-support.vim : BASH IDE -- Write and run BASH-scripts using menus and hotkeys.
||(4.1) - Filetype plugin added.
- Bugfix: Setup of local templates in case of global installation.
- Adjusting end-of-line comments improved.
- Submenu 'Regexp' renamed to 'PatternMatching'. Appropriate hotkeys renamed.
- Minor bugfixes.
- Documentation updated. - Fritz Mehner
|more recent |
most downloaded |
The tips are located on the
Vim Tips wiki.
This is a platform to exchange tips and tricks from and for Vim users.
| Vim Tips
A list of patches available for Vim can be found on the
vim_dev maillist pages.
These add new or improved features, at the cost of having to rebuild Vim.
| Vim Patches