Vim - the ubiquitous text editor
Vim is a highly configurable text editor built to make creating and
changing any kind of text very efficient.
It is included as "vi" with most UNIX systems and with Apple OS X.
Vim is rock stable and is continuously being developed to become even better.
Among its features are:
- persistent, multi-level undo tree
- extensive plugin system
- support for hundreds of programming languages and file formats
- powerful search and replace
- integrates with many tools
is the current version
Vim 8.0 released!
After more than ten years there is a major Vim release.
It gives you interesting new features, such as channels, JSON, Jobs, Timers, Partials, Lambdas, Closures, Packages and more.
Test coverage has been increased, many bugs were fixed, this is a rock stable version.
Read more about it in the announcement. (Bram Moolenaar)
Vim 8.0 is coming real soon now
A test version is available, hopefully the last one before 8.0.
This includes several fixes and an updated Ruby version in the MS-Windows build.
Please give it a try, last chance to report problems!
The relevant information can be found in the announcement (Bram Moolenaar)
Vimfest Berlin 16 – 18 September 2016
The Vim Berlin user group is organizing a gathering for Vim enthusiasts.
I'll be doing a talk on Saturday.
See the website: Vimfest (Bram Moolenaar)
| Recent Script Updates
|| 5,333 scripts, 11,415,660 downloads
|| Tabstuff : Tabstuff is a plugin to sulplies various tabrelated stuff
||(1.2) added README files - Francis Grizzly Smit
|| Nvim-R : Plugin to work with R
||(0.9.7) * Require Vim >= 8.0.0 or Neovim >= 0.1.5.
* Replaced R_nvimcom_wait (time in miliseconds) with R_wait (time in seconds).
* Minor bug fixes. - Jakson Aquino
|| Vim SQL Workbench : Provides sql access from vim to any DBMS
||(6.0) This version will break the compatibility with VIM 7. So, before installing
this new version, please upgrade to VIM 8.
* vim8 required
* python not needed anymore
* every operation is now aynchronous
* added the possibility to add a custom panel to an existing tab in the dbexplorer
* fixed the search which was not working
* eliminated the possibility to select columns to displ... - Cosmin Popescu
|| Buffy.vim : Switch between buffers with a handy menu
||(0.1) Initial upload - Mykhaylo Gavrylyuk
|| vim-seattle : An elegant yet efficient color scheme for coders
||(1.1) No longer requires vim8.0 - Ming Bai
|more recent |
most downloaded |
The tips are located on the
Vim Tips wiki.
This is a platform to exchange tips and tricks from and for Vim users.
| Vim Tips