is the current version
Article about installing gVim on Windows7
Pritesh Ugrankar has written an article that was published in the Open Source For You Magazine.
You can read it here (PDF).
Thanks to the publisher to allow us to re-publish the article. (Bram Moolenaar)
Vim 7.4 released!
Finally, after more than a thousand patches, there is a new version of Vim.
This is mostly a bug-fix release. Also, many runtime files have been improved, syntax highlighting and indenting works better.
To find out the details, do ":help version7.4" after installing it.
Direct link to the MS-Windows installer.
For Linux you probably want to use Mercurial for convenient building.
For MacVim look here.
Otherwise see the download page. (Bram Moolenaar)
Vim: The power tool for everyone!
Bram has visited the Vim charity project, read about it in his
Uganda visit report.
| Recent Script Updates
|| 4,825 scripts, 8,933,005 downloads
|| unicode.vim : Various enhancements for using unicode and digraphs with Vim
||(19) - |:UnicodeName| shows all digraphs per character
- |:UnicodeName| shows decimal value for glyph
- |:SearchUnicode| search unicode character by name or value
- Make functions publicly available (|unicode#Digraphs()|, |unicode#Digraph()|, |unicode#FindUnicodeBy()|, |unicode#UnicodeName()|)
- cache UnicodeData.txt file in VimL dictionary format (so reading will be faster)
- Performance tuning, more ... - Christian Brabandt
|| MessageRecall : Browse and re-insert previous (commit, status) messages.
||(1.03) - Adapt to changed EditSimilar.vim interface that returns the success status now. Abort on error for own plugin commands. *** You need to update to EditSimilar.vim (vimscript #2544) version 2.40! *** - Ingo Karkat
|| EditSimilar : Commands to edit files with a similar filename.
||(2.40) - Add :BDelete... comands, which are especially useful for when "E139: File is loaded in another buffer" is given.
- Add :DiffSplit... comands.
- For next files, escape the dirspec for wildcards to handle peculiar directories.
- Allow to :write partial buffer contents by defining -range=% on :Write... commands that do not yet use the count.
- Add :SaveOverBufferAs and :WriteOverBuffer commands... - Ingo Karkat
|| CompleteHelper : Generic functions to support custom insert mode completions.
||(1.40) - Remove the duplicated implementation in CompleteHelper#ExtractText(), deprecate it, and delegate to ingo#text#Get().
- FIX: a:options.backward_search with falsy value also enables backward search.
- Add g:CompleteHelper_IsDefaultToBackwardSearch config var that lets CompleteHelper#FindMatches() default to backwards search when no a:options.backward_search is given. Since all of my custom compl... - Ingo Karkat
|| exVim : Turn Vim better than IDE!
||(v0.1.0) v0.1.0 Release Note
## New Features
- Add ex-symbol plugin
- Add id-lang-autogen.map support when generate idutils shells with file_filter
- Add type-script support by plugin typescript-vim
- Add switch between NERDTree and ex-project window by <c-tab>
- Change cwd from absolute directory to "./".
## Bug Fixes
- Fixed :Update error when file_filter has value
... - Jie Wu
|more recent |
most downloaded |
The tips are located on the
Vim Tips wiki.
This is a platform to exchange tips and tricks from and for Vim users.
| Vim Tips
A list of patches available for Vim can be found on the
vim_dev maillist pages.
These add new or improved features, at the cost of having to rebuild Vim.
| Vim Patches